Sunday 25 July 2010

25th July 2010: Sunday Challenge

This one's a good one!

Use old and new stash on same LO
I will have to have a go at this one because I hardly ever use my old stash these days. Sadly I didn't get around to this challenge yet, but the other DT girls did:


Amanda:
The picture is of my great aunt, holidaying in Criness (no, I don't know where that is either lol) back in the 1940s. My old stash is the Scenic Route background paper, the ribbon and trim and an old K&Co die cut tag. The newbies are the green mist and the gorgeous flowers from Precocious Paper. I know I keep using Tessa's products and raving about them, but they're so delicious! And, I swear, I'm not earning commission!

I spritzed a bit of mist on and also dipped a brush in and painted it on beneath my photo and embellishments. The rest of it just fell into place afterwards, and I wanted to keep it fairly simple to show off the old photo and those yummy flowers :)

Anna:
Here's my layout for Sunday challenge, old and new.I used some lovely old Sassafras Lass and new October Afternoon papers. I also used some older plain chipboard letters and painted them yellow, then painted little pink flowers on them and covered them with gloss to finish them off. I'm really pleased with how they turned out!

Fabi:

What i liked about this challenge is that it made me really dig into my stash and look for my old sutff not being used! So for this layout i used very old stickers like the arrow and ols scraps of paper. The polka dot one is from an old collection from 3 bugs in a rug, and so is the decorated paper flower with the heart inside it. The newest stuff on my stash is this making memories girl vintage kit (the clips, the heart, the baby flower and the ticket)...funny that the newest things are those with an old look :) Hope you all like it, i did as a gift for my brother and my syster in law. Sara is the name of my little niece, just turned 4 months old recently.

Nic:

For this challenge I chose to use both the oldest and newest papers I have from the same manufacturer (Bobunny) - I used 2 papers from one of their 2007 lines which have been sitting in my stash for about 3 years now, alongside papers recently purchased from their flower child line.  I applied the same principle of old and new to my embellishments - the raffia and lace strip have also been hanging around in my stash since time began and the liquid pearls are one of my latest purchases :-)

Andrea


I actually did two different things that met this week's challenge of using old with new! For the first project, I made a set of 6 different cards using some really old, glittery stickers with the new Sassafrass Line Cherry Delicious! It was so much fun to create the cards and then use the stickers, they went together perfectly. For my second project, I used an old piece of purple cardstock that I have had for ages and paired it with some new Kasier papers that I picked up last month! Have fun combining the old and the new!

Tessa


I had to dig to find old papers! Since I've moved twice in the past year, I've been really good about donating my old papers and only keeping on hand what I know I'll use (meaning, the latest and greatest!).  I found two papers by Junkitz that I had bought for my boys' baby books (the boys are now 7 and 6 years old).   I mixed them with an orange patterned paper by Echo Park, which is a company that just came on the scene a few months ago.  Looking at the layout as a whole, I don't think you can tell that there is a 5 year difference between the papers!



********************************

So if you're up for the challenge then don't forget to add your photo to the link gadget in the sidebar by midnight GMT on 31st July to be entered for the Cosmo Cricket prize!

8 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! What a GREAT challenge and I love love love love love love what everyone has made!!! I actually am finishing up a project today that is PERFECT for this!! YAY!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brill challenge, and great inspirational blog. really enjoyed having a go at this one an now off to link the image in xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to you blog and LOVE it!!! Everyone's projects are amazing! I'm so glad I found you (via Julie Tucker Woleck's blog.....lol)and got to join in the fun this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects ladies - I love using up the oldies but goodies!! Looking forward to playing along...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the challenge. I just started looking for scrapbook challenge blogs. I really need the motivation to start doing layouts again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this challenge and found it through Melilsa (above) but cannot see the link for this weeks challenge - so will leave the link here and come back tomorrow and see if I can add it! Thanks!

    http://lovelylindascraftcentral.blogspot.com/2010/07/loc-natures-bath.html

    Thanks for having me! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects girls!!!! Thanks you all for playing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge ans I dug out some of the first ever papers that I HAD to have.
    Here's a link - http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/Sharrock5/UKS%20Gallery/?action=view&current=LittleTreasures600x600.jpg

    I'm struggling to get the linky thing to work as I don't have a blog - just a Photobucket account.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!