Sunday 3 June 2012

3rd June -Vintage (With special guests from Jenni Bowlin's team!)

We have some fabulous pages from the DT to share this week, along with some additional inspiration from Jenni Bowlin's design team who are joining us for the month of June!

It's going to be a fun month and we have a very generous prize - a $25 gift certificate for the JBS store :) Oh, but that's not all... that GC is for THIS challenge only - we have another one to give away for our second challenge on 17th! You'll definitely want to link your projects up this month!

So to welcome our guests, today's challenge is all about vintage!

Vintage photos, vintage ephemera or just a vintage colour scheme... use your creativity to add a little vintage flair to your project!

Here's what our DT came up with to inspire you...

Amanda


I use a lot of Vintage ephemera in my layouts on a regular basis, so I decided to make a vintage page without vintage supplies this time around. Instead I used the 'Vintedge' paper line from Ruby Rock-it and a vintage photo of my Great Gran. I thought the British themed collection was appropriate too, seeing as it's Jubilee weekend ;)

Anna
I went for a vintage feel to my layout. I used the Old Type embellishment kit from The Make and Create shop. Photo of the Queen taken from Google images.

Daphne

For this challenge I went for a vintage colour scheme! It works pretty well with my baby photos - I think they are the first ones of me! I cut out some of the roses on the PP, layered them and used some glitter glue and Glossy Accents.


Katherine

I love to use vintage goodies on my pages, so along with an old photo of me there is a dictionary page, an OA flash card, and 2 vintage buttons from my Grandma's collection.

Jan

I went with a vintage photo of my Dad, circa 1942, and used some vintage looking Graphic 45 papers. 

Jules



I used some vintage style papers from a couple of old GCD Studios collections, and a script rub on from Kaisercraft for my title. I don't have any vintage photos, so I cheated, and ran a vintage action on this photo of Mojo in Photoshop.

Valerie
I have always been a fan of vintage style - in all it's forms: antique ephemera and current day versions, as well. For my page I used some vintage style die cuts to frame my photo and supported the design with some summery, vintage-feel patterned circles and ruler strips:

And here are the amazing creations from our guests...

"Son" - Briana Johnson used a collage of vintage ephemera to highlight the arch her son is walking under.


"Golden" - Jill Sprott used the words on a vintage label to set the stage with the theme of her layout.


"Life" - Lisa Dickinson layered bits of ephemera and a vintage slide in her grid to add depth to the design.
"Sweet" - Betsy Sammarco used a vintage Dennison Label for her journaling. She also used reproduction vintage ads and newsprint to give a timeless quality to her work. 


"Horse Crazy" - Doris Sander used a vintage letterhead and manilla envelope as the base of her design on this layout. She also scattered extra bits of vintage throughout her page.


 "Wipeout" - (also from Doris) The background of this layout is entirely layered from vintage
receipts, checks, and prescription papers.



All of the layouts from the JBS team, except Wipe-out, were made from the JBS Mercantile June Papercrafting Kit which, as you can see, is heavy on the vintage and vintage inspired product this month.  We also sell a vintage add-on kit each month called, Artisan, but the June one that our designers used for these layouts is already sold out.  We still have several vintage ephemera pieces available in the JBS Mercantile Flea Market, however.  You'll see lots of pieces there that were used on the last layout, "Wipe-out."


We look forward to seeing what you create! Remember to link up your entries by the end of the month to be in to win prizes. We'd also love it if you'd stop by the blogs of our guests to say THANK YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - what an amazing gallery of vintage projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely vintage goodness in the gallery! Thanks to the JB Team for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, your layout rocks my world!!! Yes it does! I pinned it! Thanks for including us on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!