Sunday 8 June 2014

8th June - Project life

Something a bit different for you today!

Today challenge is Project life style - create a layout inspired by Project life but without using the pockets!


Anna
I haven't ever done anything Project life before but I quite like it so this was good to try it out for a bit. It just so happened I got some PL cards for  normal scrapping recently which were perfect for this, I didn't stretch to a whole page though, I had to have a bit of 'white space'!

Cari

I really like project life! I started my first PL album this year (even though I haven't taken many photos of it yet) so make this page was super easy. It was just as making a new week. I used some photos of my nieces and, as in my PL, most of the writing is in Spanish.


Hilde

I don't take photos on regular bases (like every day), so "Project Life (PL)" has never been my cup of tea. I also enjoy the process of designing single pages, so that's a second reason for not jumping on the pocket scrapping train. But I admit the design/style was perfect when I wanted to use multiple photos on one page, like on this one, and I know I will do it again!
Title: Snapshots of a Sheep Farmers Life
These photos were takn when we payed a visit to friends who have had their first lambs ever.
I'll admit that I'm not a fan of Project Life.  The thought of documenting so many photos overwhelms me.  Plus, I think the grid design gets a little dry from page to page to page, but it's not very often that I use such for my own layouts.  So, despite my hesitation and after a little jumpstart from our fearless leader Anna, as well as inspiration from a couple of challenge sites, I'm pleased with what transpired.

 
 
Kat
I love Project Life, but I've rarely translated the concept into a layout.  For this one, I decided to scrap a bunch of photos from a recent vacation my husband and I took to Hawaii.  We went to Pearl Harbor one day and visited the USS Arizona Memorial and took a tour of the USS Missouri.  I had a lot of pics from the day and wasn't sure what to do with all of them.  I figured this challenge was perfect for finally getting them on a page!


I like project life cards, and I often incorporate them in my LOs as journaling cards, but when I made this LO, I wanted to use the display of the pouches as the base of my LO. So I used the same way of showing off my cards and photos as if I had used a PL album. And it turned out quite clean and simple, but I love it!
I used PL cards from becky Higgins and Studio Calico. 
I decided to use Project Life kit cards for my project and just add a series of Photos that I love. This is the result:

 I used Becky Higgins PL kit Flea market by Maggie Holmes and correlating decorations.



The design team did a great job, how will you get on? Please link up your layouts to the side bar so we can find out!
Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!