Sunday 31 August 2014

31st Aug - Tic tac toe

Hey, everyone!

Today we have a tic-tac-toe challenge for you.  This month's tic-tac-toe board was designed by team member Kat Benjamin.  Here is the board:

And here is what our designers created with it:

Anastasia:
I just loved this tic-tac-toe challenge, although it wasn't easy to choose which line I would use for my layout - but this time it was because I liked all of them. Finally I went for the third vertical line: stars (used lots of them and different types, in background vellum, stickers and wood veneer), paint splatters and at least 3 types of alphas. And here is the result:


Cari:
For this challenge I choose the third horizontal line (Something that sparkles-doily- 3 types of alpha). I been wanting to use a world background for A while and I finally did it! I love the result. I took this photo when I arrived to Brazil, for the second time in my life. I love Brasil and can't wait next summer to go there again =)


HeeSun Kim:

I used the top row - hot pink, at least 2 kinds of washi, stars
I'm collecting the washi. (so pretty!) I collected hundreds of washi. But I almost never have used it. Because I didn't want to be breaking the packaging too. Today is the day of the washi! Let's use freely! She's my niece! adorable~~





Hilde:

I chose one of the diagonals: Hot pink, chipboard and three kinds of alphas


Every photo has a story to tell - but it might not be the obvious one. I bet you are sure the journaling is about our kitten riding with my son, but it's not *lol*. Title/journaling says: " Every picture has a story to tell - like that 2014 was the year M decided he no longer would wear regular t-shirts, shirts with collars only, and that Polo Ralph Lauren was the only desent brand". He has become such a snob - sigh.


Jinny:
What a great tic-tac-toe board Kat has whipped up, for us, this month!  Matter of fact, it was uber difficult for me to pick just one row/column.  I took lots of inspiration from the entire grid but ended up making my tic-tac-toe across the bottom (sparkly letters, doily, and three types of alphas), using a smorgasbord of products from a medley of different manufacturers, including Stampin' Up!, My Mind's Eye, and American Crafts.

Kat:
I used the top row across: hot pink, at least 2 types of washi (I used 3) and stars.  I love the results!!  I've been playing around with washi tape a bunch recently, so I've had this idea floating around in my head for awhile.  I'm glad it worked out and I was able to highlight this photo of my husband and I with our adorable niece.

Leslie:
I really liked the proposal of Tic-Tac-Toe proposed by Kat, it was hard to choose because everything I liked, until I finally chose the first horizontal line (hot pink, 2 different washi tape and stars). Take this challenge to continue using cuts cameo, taking advantage is mine so recently I have to take advantage. Photography is my husband, at the scene of a deserted theater in Salitera Humberstone Iquique, a city in northern Chile, a tourist place you can not miss the magic that has to be there....


Petra:
Time has come for me to say farewell to  The Studio Challenges.
I have been on the team since August 2012 and I have made some of my favorite pages for this team and I will truly miss all my sweet team mates. This is my final page (I chose the middle horisontal row) and I used chipboard from this months sponsor A2Z Scraplets on my page:


Sindi:
I had a hard time choosing a row, but I am happy with what I decided to use. I went with four kinds of patterned paper, chipboard, and paint splatters. Love the way this layout turned out!


Tessa:
It was really hard to choose a row or column to work with, but once I started combing through my stash, I settled on the stars, paint splatters, 3 alphas column. I made the alphas the star of the show and used the mist and stars as accents.


Guest Designer - Kerry Bruce
Such an awesome choice of Tic Tac Toe items but in the end I opted for the last column - stars, paint splatters and three different alpha's.
I had kept the 'Photo Bomb' Project Life card with this photo as I knew I wanted to use them together and I decided to make a fun page with a masculine feel  so the stars were a perfect fit! I chucked around some co-ordinating paint and kept the title short but appropriate!

Hope you have been inspired by our team and will play along!

This month the winner will receive a package of chippies from this month's sponsor A2Z Scraplets.



A2Z Scraplets manufactures lasercut chipboard products in Australia for the scrapbooking world. We have an extensive range with 1000's of products to choose. You can paint them, ink them, emboss them, glitter them - the possibilities are endless! We are WHOLESALE ONLY ... Head over to our website to see our great range of products.

A2Z Scraplets can cut designs or titles to suit your needs. Whether it is a single title or a bulk order for a retreat, we can accommodate your needs.

You will find the products here >>> http://www.a2zscraplets.com.au <<< and some inspiration here
>>> http://a2zscraplets.blogspot.se <<<

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love all these tic-tac-toe pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished my layout, was a great challenge. Thanks for the challenge and seeing all the great layouts the DT made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the link for me to enter my page?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a hard challenge trying to make a decision on who to scrap lift when all layouts were amazing! Had a great time playing along!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!