Sunday 3 August 2014

3rd August - Buttons


Today's challenge is all about Buttons! We want to see the creative ways you use buttons on your layouts!

Here's what the new and improved design team came up with!

Cari

When I first started scrapbooking I thought buttons were a must, then I got rid of them so it was fun to use again the embellishment that it used to be my number one. I chose some old photos from an old layout that I destroy and, certainly, it had lots of buttons on it LOL. Now I think I did a lot better job than in that old layout.





Hilde

I very often use buttons on my layouts: as the main part of my layouts are masculine, and masculine embilleshments can be hard to find, I find buttons very handy. I usually scatter them around to balance the design, like on the layout below:


This is my FIL, who passed away last Wednesday night. He was very special to us as he has lived with us since 1995 - my kids has grown up with him too, not their parents only. The journaling says: "The last week grandpa was alive, he chose to stay at the hospital. There he would get the nursing, and the care, he needed. Cliff visited him every day, and the day before grandpa died, grandpa asked to be taken on a stroll - a wish Cliff gladly made come true".

I just love how many colors and structures buttons come in!



Jinny
I have to admit that while I love to just toss and tuck buttons round about my pages to add dimension and interest, I really wanted to do something different for this take.  So much so, that I was completely overthinking it and paralyzed to start the creative process.  In the end, I leaned a trio of photos of my beautiful girl on last year's trip to the orchard, as well as some gorgeous papers from We R Memory Keepers, and used buttons to simulate apples in my embossed tree embellishment.  You'll also find a few stamped buttons, laced with string, throughout the page.


Kat
I've had a pink/purple button assortment that I've wanted to use for awhile, but didn't quite know what I wanted to do with them.  I'm glad this challenge came along and forced me to make a decision!  I went with a very simple design for this layout and I think that really makes the buttons stand out.


Leslie
A while ago I had this layout half done, finding the time and the perfect complement to finish, buttons are transforaron the must to make it harmonious with the photo of my son, just a playgroundand some buttons paper and other wood infantile forms, a hand, a car and a flower.



Petra
I used buttons both as part of the background colour splatter and as centerpieces of my flowers and I like the happy addition they make to this page.

Sindi 
I freely admit to having a large cache of buttons in my possession. They just seem to accumulate somehow! I used the buttons on this layout as centers for my decorative elements and also scattered a few around the page.


  Tessa

I couldn't bear to cut up this darling patterned paper, but embellishing such a busy pattern is difficult at best. Sewing red buttons onto the red flowers adds dimension without creating more visual busyness. Using contrasting thread is an easy, colorful detail.

Hee Sun Kim
Buttons that came pouring from the bottle....Love it!
It is a very humorous and adorable. seems like a little child.


Guest designer Kerry Bruce

I'm not one to use buttons very often so this was a real challenge for me to think of a way to add them to my page without just sticking them down. So I decided on a hand stitched circle and incorporated the buttons on the way round.


This month the winner will receive a package of chippies from this month's sponsorA2Z Scraplets.



A2Z Scraplets manufactures lasercut chipboard products in Australia for the scrapbooking world. We have an extensive range with 1000's of products to choose. You can paint them, ink them, emboss them, glitter them - the possibilities are endless! We are WHOLESALE ONLY ... Head over to our website to see our great range of products.

A2Z Scraplets can cut designs or titles to suit your needs. Whether it is a single title or a bulk order for a retreat, we can accommodate your needs.

You will find the products here and some inspiration here


Hope that's inspired you to dug through your button stash and get creating!
Please link up to the side bar when you have, as we would love to see!

Come back next Sunday for our favourites and the winner of last months challenges, will it be you?! 

4 comments:

  1. Great inspiration and now on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many sweet and gorgeous pages.
    (I especially want to say HI to my friends Petra and Hilde :-D )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi love using buttons, and completed a page today, but there is no spot to put it at the sidebar?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!